Sports GK Mock Test – important for civil services, Bank PO exam &/or other competitive government exams. Cricket GK, Olympics GK, Chess GK etc.
25 questions on “Sports GK Mock Test” objective questions series.
This article is important for anyone who is preparing for civil services, Bank PO exam or other government exams as such questions have been asked in all these exams in general studies or general knowledge section.
Other relevant links:
Table of Contents
Que (76): Who is the first Indian woman to win an Asian Games gold in 400m run?
A. Apurvi Chandela
B. Anuradha Biswal
C. Anjali Bhagwat
D. Kamaljit Sandhu
Answer: Kamaljit Sandhu
– Female Indian athlete who won gold medal at 1970 Bangkok Asian Games in 400 m race.
Que (77): Which is the first Indian woman to reach Olympic finals in individual track events?
A. Apurvi Chandela
B. Anuradha Biswal
C. Anjali Bhagwat
D. PT Usha
– She is the youngest Indian sprinter, at 16, to compete in the Olympics at the 1980 Moscow Games and won the first medal of the 1982 Asian Games in track and field.
Que (78): India won the first Hockey Olympic Gold in which year ?
A. 1980, Moscow
B. 1928, Amsterdam
C. 1932, Moscow
D. 1981, Glasglow
Answer: 1928, Amsterdam.
Que (79): What was Sachin Tendulkar’s ODI average?
– ODI average is 44.83 and test average is 53.79.
Que (80): Michael Phelps belongs to which country?
– He is the most successful and most decorated Olympian of all time with a total of 28 medals.
Que (81): BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India) was founded in:
It was founded in December 1928 and is headquartered in Mumbai.
Que (82): Which country won the Cricket World Cup in 2015?
D. New Zealand
– In 2015 it was Australia and in 2019 England was the winner of ODI Cricket World Cup.
Que (83): Who is the youngest player to score a century in test cricket?
A. Mohammad Hafeez
B. Shoaib Malik
C. Mohd. Ashraful
D. Wahab Riaz
Answer: Mohd. Ashraful,
– Mohd. Ashraful became the youngest player to score a century in test cricket at the age of 17 y 61 d.
Que (84): Which was the lady to win the Wimbledon singles title successfully nine times?
A. Serena Willams
B. Maria Sharapova
C. Simona Halep
D. Martina Navratilova
Answer: Martina Navratilova
– Navratilova won 18 major singles titles: nine at Wimbledon, four at the US Open, three at the Australian Open, and two at the French Open.
Que (85): How many centuries in Tests did Sunil Gavaskar bag when he retired?
– World record for most number of centuries in test cricket belongs to Sachin Tendulkar with 51 centuries.
Que (86): Which country was readmitted to the Olympics after her 21 year suspension?
A. South America
B. South Africa
C. North America
D. North Africa
Answer: South Africa
– Satisfied that South Africa has committed itself to abolishing discrimination in sports, the International Olympic Committee lifted a 21-year-long ban on the nation, allowing its athletes to compete in the 1992 Summer Games in Barcelona, Spain.
Que (87): Which was the 1st non Test playing country to befit India in an international cricket match?
A. Sri Lanka
Answer: Sri Lanka
Que (88): Who won the Hockey Gold (men) in the 1992 Barcelona Games?
D. None of this
Que (89): For which sport is the Neeraj Chopra won olympic gold medal?
Que (90): Who is the player to claim 50 ODI wickets in least number of matches?
A. G Grace
B. Donald Bradman
C. Garry Sobers.
D. Ajantha Mendis
Answer: Ajantha Mendis
– Ajantha Mendis is the Fastest To Reach 50 ODI Wickets in just 19 matches.
Que (91): Jude Felix has established reputation as an Indian player in which game?
D. Table tennis
– He competed at the 1988 Summer Olympics and the 1992 Summer Olympics.
Que (92): The World Cup Cricket Twenty-20 title in the 2022 was won by why country?
– In 2021 the winner of T-20 world cup titles was Australia and in 2022 it was England.
Que (93): Ben Johnson (Canadian) was disqualified in the 1998 Seoul Olympic in the which athletic sport?
Answer: 100 m.
Que (94): Where did India first won the Olympic Hockey gold?
A. Las Vegas
– INdia first won the Olympic Hockey gold in 1928, Amsterdam olympics.
Que (95): FIFA World Cup 2022 would be held in which country?
– Argentina won the FIFA World Cup 2022 with Lionel Messi as the best player of the tournament.
Que (96): The term L.B.W. is associated with which game?
Que (97): Indian represented as a team to Olympic Games in which year?
Que (98): Sania Mirza is associated with which sport?
D. none of these
– From 2003 until her retirement from singles in 2013, she was ranked by the Women’s Tennis Association as the Indian No. 1 in singles.
Que (99): Limba Ram is associated with which field?
– Limba Ram is an Indian archer who represented India in international competitions, including three Olympics.
Que (100): Who has scored the most runs in a one day International Cricket innings?
A. Virat Kohli
B. Virendra Sehwag
C. Sachin Tendulkar
D. Rohit Sharma
Answer: Rohit Sharma
– Rohit Sharma holds the record for highest score in an ODI match with 264 runs against Sri Lanka in Eden Gardens in 2014.
Hope we were able to give you some insight and good information on this “Sports GK Mock Test” series.
Please let us know if we need to improve anything in existing article or we can something else for more clarity.
We will very happy to create more content on further topics.
Q1. Are ay particular sports asked more in competitive exams?
No, there is nothing like that. Question can come from historical events related to sport or any recent event as well.
Q2. What is the good source of capturing information related to sports recent events?
While preparing for civil services going through newspaper daily is very important. But, coaching institutes and/or online websites also provide good material month wise that one can refer for preparing for competitive exams.
Q3. Do remembering name of personalities associated with any sport is important?
Yes, it’s important to remember names of famous personalities associated with any sport.