Sports GK Mock Test – important for civil services, Bank PO exam &/or other competitive government exams. Cricket GK, Olympics GK, Chess GK etc.
25 questions on “Sports GK Mock Test” objective questions series.
This article is important for anyone who is preparing for civil services, Bank PO exam or other government exams as such questions have been asked in all these exams in general studies or general knowledge section.
Other relevant links:
Table of Contents
Que (51): Who was the first ‘Indian to swim across English Channel?
A. Virdhawal Vikram
B. Sandeep Sejwal
C. Advait Page
D. Mihir Sen
Answer: Mihir Sen
– Swim through the English Channel from Dover to Calais in 1958.
Que (52): Who was the first Indian woman to swim across the English Channel?
A. Shivani Kataria
B. Virdhawal Khade
C. Maana Patel
D. Arati Saha
Answer: Arati Saha
– Did so in 1959 when she was just 19 years old.
Que (53): Which person won seven gold medals in swimming for the U.S. in the 1972 Olympic?
A. Micheal Phelps
B. Matt Biondi
C. Ryan Lochte
D. Mark Spitz
Answer: Mark Spitz
– He is an American former competitive swimmer,
– He won seven gold medals at the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich.
Que (54): Who has become the first Indian to score a triple century in Tests?
A. Virendra Sehwag
B. Virat Kohli
C. Ashish Nehra
D. Anil Kumble
Answer: Virender Sehwag
– He scored 309 runs in a historic test match against Pakistan in Multan in 2004..
Que (55): In which sports Rajyavardhan Rathore won a Silver medal in the Beijing Olympics?
– He won the silver at the 2004 Athens Olympics.
Que (56): Who was the first Test centurion in Indian Cricket?
A. Prithvi Shaw
B. Shreyas iYER
C. Kuldeep Yadav
D. Lala Amarnath
Answer: Lala Amarnath
– IN 1933 against England on his test match debut.
Que (57): The first Indian to cross seven important seas by swimming?
A. Shamsher Khan
B. Aarti Saha
C. Bhakti Sharma
D. Shikha Tandon
Answer: Bula Chaudhary
Bula Chaudhury, Indian swimmer best known for her long-distance swimming feats.
Que (58): When are the 22nd Commonwealth Games scheduled to beheld in Birmingham, England?
– 23rd Commonwealth Games will be held in Victoria, Australia in 2026.
Que (59): The famous sportsman Michael Jordan is associated with which game?
Answer: Basket ball
– He is an American Basketball player.
Que (60): First grandmaster from India?
A. Vishwanath Anand
B. Pentala Harikrishna
C. D. Gukesh
D. Parimarjan Negi
Answer: Vishwanath Anand
– He became the first grandmaster from India in 1988.
Que (61): Who won the India’s first ever gold medal in wrestling in Commonwealth Games, 2010?
A. Babita Kumari
B. Geeta Phogat
C. Bajrang Punia
D. Sushil Kumar
Answer: Geeta Phogat.
Que (62): Which Cricketer has scored the highest total runs in test cricket?
A. Virat Kohli
B. Anil Kumble
C. Virendra Sehwag
D. Sachin Tendulkar
Answer: Sachin Tendulkar
– With 15,921 runs he is the leading run scorer in test cricket.
Que (63): Sushil Kumar is known for his outstanding performance in which field?
– Won medal for India in wrestling in 2008 Olympics.
Que (64): Against which team did Virat Kohli make his one day international debt?
A. Sri Lanka
Answer: Sri Lanka
– In 2008.
Que (65): The first Commonwealth Games were held in the year 1930 at which place?
C. New Hampshire
D. Hamilton (Canada)
Answer: Hamilton (Canada)
Que (66): With which game is the Double Fault associated?
– Double fault means hitting a fault on the second service.
Que (67): Ronnie O’Sullivan is associated with which game?
D. Table Tennis
Que (68): The first Commonwealth Games were held in 1930. Which country hosted the games?
Que (69): Mohan Bagan is associated which sport?
– ATK Mohun Bagan FC is an Indian professional football club based in Kolkata, West Bengal.
Que (70): In which year did India first take part in the Olympic Games?
Que (71): Tiger Woods is associated with which sport?
– Eldrick Tont “Tiger” Woods is an American professional golfer.
Que (72): The term ‘LBM’ is associated with which game?
– A batsman is considered out LBW if they obstruct a ball which was en route to hitting the stumps with any part of their body barring their hands.
Que (73): Which team won the 2011 ODI Cricket world cup?
C. Sri Lanka
Que (74): ‘Chinaman’ refers to which game?
– Chinaman is considered to be a leg-spin delivery by a left-arm bowler.
Que (75): The name Kunjarani Devi is associated with which game?
D. Weight lifting
Answer: Weight lifting.
Hope we were able to give you some insight and good information on this “Sports GK Mock Test” series.
Please let us know if we need to improve anything in existing article or we can something else for more clarity.
We will very happy to create more content on further topics.
Q1. Do remembering names of winners in any sports from past is important?
Yes, it’s important as you never know what can be asked in competitive exams.
Q2. Do remembering technical words related to any sports is important?
Yes, it’s important as you never know what will be asked in exam. For e.g. meaning of any new rule added in IPL.
Q3. Do remembering name of teams won any international championship is important?
Yes, it’s important as it can be asked in exam who won the World Cup in 2011 or who has the maximum world cup in international cricket etc.
4 thoughts on “Sports GK Mock Test – 3”