55 One Liners – Sports GK – based on recent events, important awards, records, championship/series, personalities etc. in sports world.
This article is important for anyone who is preparing for civil services, Bank PO exam or other government exams as such questions have been asked in all these exams in general studies or general knowledge section.
Other articles in sports GK series: Test 1 | Test 2
One liners series: 88 One Liners for Medical Science General Knowledge | 75 One Liners for Chemistry General Knowledge
- The Kodava festival is related to the sport of Hockey.
- The idea of Kodava festival was conceived in 1997 by late Pandanda Kuttappa.
- IBA Women’s World Boxing Championship 2023 was held at New Delhi and hosted by Boxing Federation of India.
- Dick Fosbury is associated with the sport of high jump.
- Race Across India is longest ever cycle race (Other such races are Race across Russia held in 2013, Race Across Europe held in 1997 etc.).
- World Ultracycling Association is a non-profit organization founded in 1980.
- Best FIFA Men’s player award for 2023 world cup was awarded to Lionel Messi.
- The Carabao Cup is related to the sport of Football.
- The winner of 2023 Women T20 World Cup was Australia.
- ISSF Shooting World Cup 2023 first held in 1897.
- Pangong Tso Marathon that held on the frozen Pangong Tso lake makes the Guinness record for World’s Highest Frozen Lake Marathon.
- 2023 ICC Women’s T20 World Cup was held in South Africa.
- Border Gavaskar Trophy is help between India and Australia is test cricket series.
- Border Gavaskar trophy first held in 1996.
- Ashes is a test series between England and Australia.
- 2023 Formula E championship venue was Hyderabad, India (Formula E is an electric car race).
- Khelo India Winter Games 2023 were launched in Gulmarg of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Khelo India Winter Games is being organized by Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
- 2027 Asian Cup Football Tournament to be hosted by Saudi Arabia.
- Host of Fifth Khelo India Youth Games 2022 was State Government of Madhya Pradesh.
- White card introduced in football is to recognize fair play.
- Red and yellow cards used in football is for foul play.
- Laxman Rawat is associated with snooker.
- Indian Cricket team created world record in ODI by winning a game by 317 runs against Sri Lanka.
- FIH Men’s Hockey World Cup is to be held in India.
- Sania Mirza is related to the sport of Tennis.
- Pranesh M is related to Chess, he becomes the youngest Grandmaster at the age of 16 years.
- Birsa Munda Hockey Stadium is situated in Rourkela, Odisha.
- BCCI announced In Jan-2023 that Dexa bone density test will be mandatory for Indian players to be selected for the national team.
- Dexa test is done using x-ray technology to identify health of a players bones.
- Yo-Yo test used to measure a person’s endurance.
- 36th National Games 2022 was hosted in Gujarat.
- Roger Federer who retired in 2022 was related to the sport of Tennis.
- Neeraj Chopra who won gold medal for India in Tokyo Olympics is associated with Javelin throw.
- Nehru trophy is related to boat race and was established in 1952.
- Magnus Carlsen is known for Chess.
- FIFA is the global regulatory body of Football.
- Full form of IPL is Indian Premier League.
- Grand slam is related to Tennis and is operated by The International Tennis Federation (ITF).
- Bajrang Punia is related to the sport of wrestling.
- Thomas cup is related to the sport of Badminton.
- Durand cup is related to the sport of Football.
- Highest sporting honour of India is Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award.
- Sultan Azlan Shah Cup is related to the sport of Hockey.
- Term Googly is related to Cricket, it’s a bowling style.
- Karnam Malleswari is related to the sport of Weight Lifting.
- India’s Sports Day is celebrated on 29-Aug every year on the birth anniversary of Major Dhyan Chand.
- Venu for ICC Cricket World Cup, 2023 is India.
- Ranji Trophy is related to the sport of Cricket.
- Term gambit is related to the sport of Chess.
- Subroto Cup is related to the sport of Football.
- The Common Wealth game was started in 1930.
- Number of players in one team in a Polo match is 4.
- 1st recipient of Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award Viswanathan Anand.
- Name of the autobiography of Major Dhyan Chand is Goal.
Hope we were able to give you some insight and good information on this “Sports GK” series.
Please let us know if we need to improve anything in existing article or we can something else for more clarity.
We will very happy to create more content on further topics.